We're In This Together: How Staffing Companies and Clients Can Work Together To Significantly Reduce and Manage the Risk of Employment Related Claims In A "Joint Employer'' Environment
Our Clients will be notified for our next Seminar date and time. We will answer all questions and concerns during the Seminar, and in conclusion we will perform a small Q&A Survey to retrieve data for our next Seminar by email.
Under legislative enactments and recent court and administrative agency decisions, staffing companies and clients are deemed to be "joint employers" with joint and several liability for employment related claims. Joint employer status cannot contracted away in California. The most common Employment related claims and suits and strategies for significantly reducing and managing the risk of employment related claims and suits in a joint employer environment.
- The most common wage and hour claims and how joint employers can avoid them, such as claims for alleged off-the-clock work, rest period and meal period violations, wage statement violations, and more
- Why is it essential to require employees to agree to arbitrate employment related claims, and how a properly drafted arbitration agreement can effectively stop a wage and hour class action in its tracks.
- The risks associated with 4-10 schedules and how to adopt a valid alternative workweek schedule to eliminate the obligation to pay daily overtime.
- What the California Private Attorneys General Act ("PAGA") means to Joint Employers.
- The National Labor Relations Board's new broad definition to the term "employer" in the Browning-Ferris decision and what it means for lawful union avoidances.
- Managing protected leaves under the Family Medical Leave Act, the California Family Rights Act, and the California Pregnancy Disability Leave Act.
- The importance of promptly tendering to employment related claims t o applicable insurers an avoiding time traps that often jeopardize insurance coverage.
- How Joint Employers can reduce the risk of OSHA citations.
- How joint employers can more effectively manage workers compensation claims, which often give rise to other more nettlesome claims.
- New Employment related laws that become effective January 1, 2018
Amr Staffing inc. Reduce And Manage The Risk of Employment Related Claims